Things To Do in Gili Trawangan, Lombok
Located a stone’s throw from Lombok’s epic shores, you’ll find one of Southeast Asia’s most beautiful islands, Gili Trawangan Island – the biggest of the famous 3 Gilis. Teeming with natural beauty and lots to keep you busy, it’s not hard to see why Gili Trawangan is one of Indonesia’s most famous natural landmarks and such a popular side trip from Bali or Lombok.
Before You Visit Gili Trawangan
- Search for the best places to stay in Gili Trawangan well in advance. Gili T is a relatively small island, so hotels, resorts, and hostels fill up quickly.
- Book a fast boat to get to Gili T stress-free.
- There’s not much crime on the Gili’s, but with that said, it’s always best to be prepared for unforeseen circumstances. Make sure you have travel cover to keep you and your belongings safe. World Nomads is highly recommended, and applying online couldn’t be easier.
- There are only a handful of ATMs on the island. It’s a good idea to carry a bit of extra cash with you.
- There are no motorized vehicles on any of the 3 Gili islands. The only way to get around is on foot or by bike.